Participants at Future Ready Nashville dive into material for use in the first day of the Activist DesignShop at the Leadership Lodge
Filtering by Category: Day 1
... in which the MG TAYLOR DESIGN AXIOMS were read to create a context and understanding for what participants might do when they truly collaborate.
- The future is rational only in hindsight.
- You can't get there from here, but you can get here from there.
- Discovering you don't know something is the first step to knowing it.
- Everything that someone tells you is true. They are reporting their experience of reality.
- To argue with someone else's experience is a waste of time.
- To add someone's experience to your experience--to create a new experience--is possibly valuable
- The only valid test of an idea, concept or theory is what it enables you to do.
- You understand the instructions only after you have assembled the red wagon.
- If you can't have fun with the problem, you will never solve it.
- Every individual in this room already possesses the answer. The purpose of this intensive interaction is to stimulate one, several, or all ofus to remember and extract what we already know.
- Creativity is the process of eliminating options.
- In every adverse condition, there are hundreds of good solutions.
- You fail until you succeed.
- Nothing fails like success.
You are my other half.......
I am your other half...........
PARTICIPANTS: Manuel Zeitin, Gary Gaston, Hillary Sims, Curt Hahn, Erin Russell, Jenny Carr
What is life like in Nashville in our best case scenario?
What things can take us off course? What is our worst case scenario?
What's in our trunk? What do we need to realize our vision?
PARTICIPANTS: Erin Russell, Manuel Zeitin, Curt Hahn, Gary Gaston and….
Hillary Sims and Rev. Judy Cummings
Envisioning the Ten Minute City takes more than ten minutes!
The vision emerges...
And is refined.
5th Generation Nashvillian!!!!!!! - Michele Johnson
The world is my oyster - Isaac Hunt staring into the world of Francie Hunt
Freda Player, Tara Lentz, Michelle Lacewll, Aaron Campbell, Rev. Judy Cummings, Daynise Joseph
PARTICIPANTS: George Thomas, Amy Eskind, Laura Creekmore, Renata Soto, Tom Ward.
Patch Loveless sharing reactions to the Timeline created by the large group.
Pallu Reddy, Michelle Johnson, Curt Hahn, and Susan Prado discuss the timeline
Each participant suggested events over 100 years—past, present and future—that affect the ecology, culture, technology, education and well-being of the region.
The 100-Year Timeline Wall
(click image to enlarge)
PARTICIPANTS: Ashford Hughes, Harvey Sperling, Manurl Zeitlin, Michsel Skipper, Ron Corbin, and Will Rutherford doing a deep dive into the timeline!