Introductions & Axioms
...in which Carter Andrews welcomed the participants and Matt Taylor introduced them to the process and shared the design axioms with the group.
- The future is rational only in hindsight.
- You can't get there from here, but you can get here from there.
- Discovering you don't know something is the first step to knowing it.
- Everything that someone tells you is true. They are reporting their experience of reality.
- To argue with someone else's experience is a waste of time.
- To add someone's experience to your experience--to create a new experience--is possibly valuable
- The only valid test of an idea, concept or theory is what it enables you to do.
- You understand the instructions only after you have assembled the red wagon.
- If you can't have fun with the problem, you will never solve it.
- Every individual in this room already possesses the answer. The purpose of this intensive interaction is to stimulate one, several, or all of us to remember and extract what we already know.
- Creativity is the process of eliminating options.
- In every adverse condition, there are hundreds of good solutions.
- You fail until you succeed.
- Nothing fails like success.